1. In these terms and conditions of sale the expression “The Company” means Black Country Metal Works Ltd. And the “purchaser” means the company, firm or persons to whom the goods are supplied by the Company under this contract.
2. No description of goods by the company in any leaflet, catalogue or other written matter shall constitute a contract of sale of goods by description for the purposes of the Sale Of Goods Act 1893 and the Sale Of Goods Act 1980.
3. Any reference to weights and dimensions or performances contained in any catalogue. Leaflet or other written matter by the company is approximate only and shall not constitute an implied term of this contract.
4. The Company shall not be responsible for any consequence of non-delivery or late delivery of goods due to any causes beyond its control (such as weather, fire, strike, government control or shortages of (materials/labour) and no such non delivery or late delivery shall entitle the purchaser to rescind this contract.
The company urges patience from it’s customers regarding deliveries during annual and bank holidays and, also during the companies annual stocktaking period, as this may cause an extended delay to our stated delivery times.
4b.Ireland, Scotland and offshore isles may also incur an additional delivery surcharge. This will be related to the size, weight and type of product that is being shipped. In these instances we suggest you do the following:
Place the order in the normal way. We will then contact you with the additional charge (if any) and apply this to your order. You will then be able to either accept or cancel your order based on these charges.
4cDue to the Automatic nature of the carriage calculation system we reserve the right to contact the customer and alter the carriage cost if the cost is higher than carriage charged.
5. The company will not accept any claim relating to the condition or quantity of goods delivered unless formal written notice of any such claim is received by the company within seven days of the delivery date.
6. The Company will not in any circumstances accept liability for any consequential loss of profits or third party claims or detention or delay or expenses of any kind howsoever caused.
7. Whilst any money remains outstanding by the customer to the Company, title to all goods(under any contract) shall remain vested in this company. This Company may recover any goods upon demand and shall resell at our own discretion. The purchaser shall hold such goods as trustee for this company and any resale of the goods by the purchaser shall not involve the passing of title from this company unless and until the goods have been paid for in full.
8. Products of multiple origin.
9. All prices shall be subject to increase in the event of increases in wages or raw materials occasioned by government act or regulation and any other relevant increase occurring before completion of any order. All offers and discounts are for orders over £10.
10. All samples are to be paid for by the purchaser, unless agreed prior to despatch, if trading commences on the same items, a credit can be issued.
11. These conditions of sale shall apply to every order passed with the company and no substitution or condition in the purchasers order form or condition of trade or the like which would or might negative derogate from conflict with or qualify any of these conditions of sale shall apply to such order unless expressly accepted by the company in writing. Whilst we always go over and beyond, too fully satisfy our customers, we cannot offer or participate in compensation claims.
12. An interest charge of 25% will be levied against outstanding invoices or part invoices remaining unpaid.
13. A restocking charge of 50% will be levied if goods are returned without prior agreement with Black Country Metal Works Ltd.
14. Any purchases (client) instructing us to despatch goods direct to their customer has to be the purchases (clients) risk.
15. Any delivery note signed in an unclear fashion or undated by the purchaser (recipient) has to be taken as correct, the purchaser has a responsibility to sign for material in full, full signature/full printed name and dated.
Terms of payment shall be strictly net thirty days from the invoice date and shall not be varied except by the partner of the company in writing.
Private Customers shall be debited the full amount for goods and delivery at time of order or within 24hrs.
17. Please kindly note!! When an order has been placed, and accepted, the customer must ensure that someone is available at the given delivery time and Address, to accept the goods and sign the delivery note. Failure to do this will result in the goods, being returned to the customers local Parcelforce depot, whereby, a card will be posted through the customers Door. The customer must follow the directions regarding a subsequent attempt at delivery, or may choose to collect from the Parcelforce depot.. If the customer chooses not to respond to these directions, or contact the Parcelforce depot, The parcel will be returned back to Black Country Metal Works and the customer will then need to arrange collection at their own cost, from Black Country Metal Works.
Any GUARANTEE mentioned on the site only applies to products where this is stated.
If a product is found to be defective within the timeframe offered, (from the date of the order) we will replace that part and deliver it to the customer.
The Guarantee ONLY applies to the metal components of the product (not the finish) and only for products ordered after 1 January 2009 when the guarantee came into effect. Products order before this date are not covered by the guarantee and the standard 1 year warrantee applies. This does not affect your statuary rights.
The Lamp Post 10 year Guarantee refers to the structural integrity of the post it self, excluding lanterns. It does not include the paintwork and cosmetic finish. As with all metal outdoor items, regular maintenaince such as a painting should completed regularly to help preseve the post.
Image & Content Copyright
Due to significant investment made in photography each year, the right to use any image which belongs to "The Company" is only granted whilst your account is active and may be revoked at “The Companys” discretion. If your account becomes inactive for a period of over 90 days or overdue, the use of any imagery which is the property and copyright of "The Company”, will be automatically revoked and such images must be removed immediately, regardless of any related inventory you may hold. Use of imagery includes website, print or any other medium. We recommend for peace of mind, that the images are deleted from your computer system and any printed literature removed from distribution. All content/copy and product information under any circumstances remain the property of "The Company".
The right to use any content or copy which belongs to "The Company" is only granted whilst your account is active and may be revoked at “The Companys” discretion. If your account becomes inactive for a period of over 90 days or overdue, the use of any content/copy or product information which is the property and copyright of "The Company”, will be automatically revoked and such material must be removed immediately, regardless of any related inventory you may hold. Use of content includes website, print or any other medium. We recommend for peace of mind, that the content is deleted from your computer system and any printed literature removed from distribution. All images under any circumstances remain the property of "The Company".
We reserve the right to refuse and close accounts at our discretion.
21.Collection Discounts will be a maximum of 10% and will be given at the discretion of the company. For orders over the value of £500, please contact us with regards to collection discounts, as discounts will vary over this amount.
22. Website discount codes
The company reserves every right to not deliver orders where the discount code has been misused on products it was not originally intentioned for, we will contact the customer regarding this and request that the outstanding balance is paid before the goods are released for delivery. If a product is already on special offer, other discounts cannot be applied on top of this.
We recommend you obtain professional advice when installing Stands - Also note all stands should be securely screwed to the floor.