Terms & Conditions
We will always endeavour to dispatch all goods ordered before our annual Christmas shut down, however for orders placed after week commencing December 18th we cannot guarantee before Christmas delivery. We do rely on independent couriers to deliver to our customers, this process is normally completed within 48 hours of dispatch. Please note that couriers can experience slight delays due the influx of deliveries required at this time of year. With this in mind we will of course notify all customers as soon as any order is dispatched.
We may rely on a local works to supply or create certain items and this can at times cause unexpected delays which are out of our control. Any such order placed for an item with a potential delay will be advertised with an approximate lead time on our website. Failing this our customer service team will be in touch at the earliest opportunity to advise as to any and all delays or alternatives that are immediately available.
Terms & Conditions
1. In these terms and conditions of sale the expression “The Company” or “Company” means Black Country Metal Works Ltd. And the “Purchaser” means the company, firm or persons to whom the goods are supplied by the Company under this contract.
2. No description of goods by the company in any leaflet, catalogue or other written matter shall constitute a contract of sale of goods by description for the purposes of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 and the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
3. Any reference to weights and dimensions or performances contained in any catalogue, leaflet or other written matter by the company are approximate only and shall not constitute an implied term of this contract.
a. The Company shall not be responsible for any consequence of non-delivery or late delivery of goods due to any causes (such as weather, fire, strike, miss-communications, government control or shortages of (materials/labour) and no such non-delivery or late delivery shall entitle the purchaser to rescind this contract. Please note this list is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common consequences of non-delivery or late delivery. The company accepts no liability or responsibility for loss of earnings or any charges that may be incurred due to non-delivery or late delivery. Delivery dates are always subject to change and therefore we strongly advise that no arrangements are made until you have received the goods and are fully satisfied. The company urges patience from its customers regarding all deliveries, especially during annual and bank holidays and also during the company’s annual stocktaking period, as this may cause an extended delay to our stated delivery times or the agreed delivery time provided by external companies.
b. Ireland, Scotland and offshore isles may also incur an additional delivery surcharge. This will be related to the size, weight and type of product that is being shipped. In these instances, we suggest you do the following:
Place the order in the normal way. We will then contact you with the additional charge (if any) and apply this to your order. You will then be able to either accept or cancel your order based on these charges.
c. Due to the automatic nature of the carriage calculation system we reserve the right to contact the customer and alter the carriage cost if the cost is higher than carriage charged.
a. The Company will not accept any claim relating to the condition or quantity of goods delivered unless formal written notice of any such claim is received by the Company within seven days of the delivery date with the exception of items over the value of £100. Communication must be made by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. For large items we recommend inspecting the goods prior to accepting and signing for them from the courier.
c. For goods over the value of £100 we require email notification of any damages within 24 hours of signing for the
goods to email@example.com to be eligible for a claim, please include photos of the packaging, any damage and your order number.
d. Regardless of whether an item has been delivered damaged, is faulty or incorrect, for all returns it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure it is safely and suitably wrapped for courier collection and must also be made available in the same location as the courier delivered it, or at the kerbside of the property.
6. All courier deliveries are kerbside and arrangements must be made by the customer to move the consignment after delivery,
including disposal of any packaging, including pallets etc.
a. The Company will not in any circumstances accept liability for any consequential loss of profits/earnings or third party claims or detention or delay or expenses of any kind howsoever caused. This includes any agreements made through external delivery companies, including any miscommunications on delivery or dispatch times. We make NO GUARANTEES on delivery times, these are all estimated.
b. The next day delivery service applies on orders placed before 12pm (noon). The next day delivery service is available in most mainland areas but is subject to stock and courier availability and demand. When the next day courier service is not available, we will deliver by an alternative carrier and this may take longer. It is not applicable to any item not specified as such on our website. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed. Next day delivery is not available in the following area/postcode combinations (subject to change and not exhaustive):
Aberdeen: 24, 32, 33, 35, 38, 41, 43, 45, 51, 53, 54, 55, 56
Cumbria: 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 18, 19, 20, 21
Chester: CH3 9
Dundee: 8, 9, 10, 11,
Dumfries & Galloway: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Edinburgh: 34, 36
Falkirk: 8, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Galashiels: 5, 10, 11, 13
Glasgow: 41, 51, 63, 83
Guernsey (All Postcodes)
Inverness (All Postcodes)
Isle of Man (All Postcodes)
Jersey (All Postcodes)
Kilmarnock: KA3, KA18, KA27, KA28
Kirkcaldy: KY9, KY10, KY13
Lancaster: LA21, LA23
Llandudno: LL15 1, LL15 2
Manchester: M4 1, M4 2, M4 3, M4 5, M4 6, M4 7
North East: NE66 5, NE69 7, NE70 7, NE71 6
Northern Ireland (All Postcodes)
Outer Hebrides (All Postcodes)
Paisley (All Postcodes)
Perth (All Postcodes)
Preston: PR3 3
Shetland Islands/Lerwick: ZE1, ZE2, ZE3
Truro: 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Wick (All Postcodes)
8. Whilst any money remains outstanding by the Purchaser to the Company, title to all goods (under any contract) shall remain vested in this company. This Company may recover any goods upon demand and shall resell at our own discretion. The Purchaser shall hold such goods as trustee for this company and any resale of the goods by the purchaser shall not involve the passing of title from this company unless and until the goods have been paid for in full.
9. Products of multiple origin.
10. All prices shall be subject to increase in the event of increases in wages or raw materials occasioned by government act or regulation and any other relevant increase occurring before completion of any order. All offers and discounts are for orders over £10. We reserve the right to remove certain products from offers without notice.
11. All samples are to be paid for by the purchaser, unless agreed prior to despatch, if trading commences on the same items, a credit can be issued.
12. These conditions of sale shall apply to every order passed with the company and no substitution or condition in the Purchaser’s order form or condition of trade or the like which would or might negatively derogate from, conflict with or qualify any of these conditions of sale shall apply to such order unless expressly accepted by the company in writing. Whilst we always go over and beyond to fully satisfy our customers, we cannot offer or participate in compensation claims.
13. An interest charge of 25% will be levied against outstanding invoices or part invoices remaining unpaid.
14. We are not responsible for any costs or damages associated with a products use, misuse or incorrect installation.
15. Black Country Metal Works are not responsible for any loss or damages in any form associated with the purchase and/or supply of goods.
16. Any Purchaser (Client) instructing us to despatch goods direct to their customer has to be the Purchaser’s (Client’s) risk.
17. Any delivery note signed in an unclear fashion or undated by the Purchaser (recipient) has to be taken as correct, the Purchaser has a responsibility to sign for material in full, full signature/full printed name and dated.
18. A restocking charge of 50% will be levied if goods are returned without prior agreement with Black Country Metal Works Ltd.
19. Acceptance of an order takes place when the order has been dispatched from The Company.
20. When an order has been placed and accepted, the Purchaser must ensure that someone is available at the given delivery time and address to accept the goods and sign the delivery note. Failure to do this will result in the goods being returned to the Purchaser’s local delivery depot, whereby, a card will be posted through the Purchaser’s door. The Purchaser must follow the directions regarding a subsequent attempt at delivery, or may choose to collect from the said depot. If the Purchaser chooses not to respond to these directions, or contact the said depot, the parcel will be returned back to Black Country Metal Works and the Purchaser will then need to arrange collection at their own cost from Black Country Metal Works. We advise that no arrangements are made with tradesmen or contractors until the Purchaser has received the goods, they are in their possession and they are fully satisfied.
a. Any GUARANTEE mentioned on the site only applies to products where this is stated. If a product is found to be defective within the timeframe offered (from the date of the order), we will replace that part and deliver it to the customer. The Guarantee ONLY applies to the metal components of the product (not the finish) and only for products ordered after 1 January 2009 when the guarantee came into effect. Products order before this date are not covered by the guarantee and the standard 1 year warrantee applies. This does not affect your statuary rights.
b. The Lamp Post 10 Year Guarantee refers to the structural integrity of the post itself, excluding lanterns. It does not include the paintwork and cosmetic finish. As with all metal outdoor items, regular maintenance such as painting should be completed regularly to help preserve the post in line with our recommendations. 10 Year Guarantees only apply to full price lamp posts and do not cover discounted or trade/commercial orders. The guarantee does not cover flood, storm or earthquake damage or damage incurred through incorrect installation or accidental damage.
Image & Content Copyright
22. Due to significant investment made in photography each year, the right to use any image which belongs to "The Company" is only granted whilst your account is active and may be revoked at “The Company’s” discretion. If your account becomes inactive for a period of over 90 days or overdue the use of any imagery, which is the property and copyright of "The Company”, will be automatically revoked and such images must be removed immediately, regardless of any related inventory you may hold. Use of imagery includes website, print or any other medium. We recommend, for peace of mind, that the images are deleted from your computer system and any printed literature removed from distribution. All content/copy and product information under any circumstances remains the property of "The Company".
23. We reserve the right to refuse and close accounts at our discretion.
24. Bespoke and custom products, whereby the product has been manufactured to the customer’s specification are non-refundable and non-returnable. Prototypes are chargeable, unless otherwise agreed and must be returned after inspection and approval. Due to differences in production procedure or practicality, finished products may not be identical copies of prototypes or technical drawings. We reserve the right to make adjustments where and when required.
Website Discount Codes
25. The company reserves every right to not deliver orders where the discount code has been misused on products it was not originally intended for, we will contact the customer regarding this and request that the outstanding balance is paid before the goods are released for delivery. If a product is already on special offer, other discounts cannot be applied on top of this.
Social Media Discount
26. Social media discounts are applicable to the first £250 of any purchase and can only be used once per day, the discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers (ie. free delivery, special prices, other discount codes etc.), and orders cannot be combined.
Refunds and Cancellations
27. All orders place are subject to our cancellation and refund policy, please click here for more details.
Terms of payment shall be strictly net thirty days from the invoice date and shall not be varied except by the partner of the company in writing.
Private Customers shall be debited the full amount for goods and delivery at time of order or within 24 working hours.
We recommend you obtain professional advice when installing stands - also note all stands should be securely screwed to the floor.
1 Year Guarantee
Our 1 year guarantee only applies to the selected products it is stated on.
Silver Lining Discount
The silver lining discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
Free delivery is only applicable to certain specified lines and ranges, on orders being sent to mainland UK addresses. We reserve the right to change and update these terms and conditions from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current terms and conditions.
Free Next Day Delivery and Next Day Delivery
We will make every effort to ensure that your item is dispatched and delivered next day. This will happen 99.9% of the time. Occasionally due to circumstances outside of our control i.e. raw material supplies, labour, courier breakdown etc. The next day delivery may not occur. We cannot take responsibility where this has not been achieved but will make every effort to ensure your item reaches you as quickly as possible. This service only applies to non-bespoke items requiring no specialist work and for delivery addresses within mainland UK excluding Ireland, Northern Ireland, Highlands and Islands. Orders must be received before 12pm (noon). We recommend waiting until your item has arrived before arranging tradespersons. Orders that are placed after 12pm (noon) on a Friday will be dispatched the next working weekday. Orders that are placed on a weekend will not qualify for free next day delivery. Please note: Black Country Metal Works do not operate on bank holidays and seasonal holidays.
We are unable to price match any product listing against any new, previous or competitors’ price.
Should the price be reduced due to web updates, collection discounts or other offers after purchase, we are not able to process partial refunds for any offer missed at the time of purchase.